Monday, December 15, 2008

Seek and ye shall find

Have you ever noticed that you can buy the coolest car, the one that not too many others have, and then (all of a sudden) that same make and model is every other car on the road?   The cars were there the entire time, you just didn't notice it.  

Writing about the paranormal is kinda the same thing.  Once you're looking for something, you'll find it.

When I started Ghost Mountain, I didn't know anything about Spirit Guides or Totem Animals.  Once I decided that one of the major characters would be a Spirit Guide, I found the topic discussed on some of my favorite "woo-woo" podcasts.  The Ted Andrews book "Animal Speak" literally fell off the shelf in front of my at the local bookstore.  I took those as pretty good hints that I should take Spirit Guides more seriously.  The podcasts and book were always there, I just didn't notice the Spirit Guide conversations before.  To be perfectly honest, I still don't know much about them, but I'm learning more everyday.

The same type of thing happened when I wanted to learn the meaning of various herbs and flowers.  Not only did I find those plants around, but I kept having a need to have them around as well!  (You'd be surprised at how quickly some herbs will get rid of a cold or stomach ache!  Then again, maybe you wouldn't...)

Ghosts, well, they've always been around.  But they seem to be more active in the past year or so.  About as long as I've been working on Ghost Mountain, to be exact.

I've recently decided to incorporate a mandala in the story and now I seem to find them everywhere.  (Even a couple of great books at the local bookstore that I'm seriously considering purchasing!)

So my writing about the paranormal has only opened me up to more paranormal experiences.  I've been more open to the "woo woo" and the paranormal has made itself more available to me.  Isn't that the way it usually works?

Blessings,
Nichole

No comments: