Saturday, December 13, 2008

A Day Late and a Dollar Short

That's how I feel on most days, when writing is but a distant dream hidden behind clouds. Of course this column is a day late. Again. Whether it's also a dollar short is a judgment you'll have to make on your own.

John Lennon once famously said that life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. I had grand plans once, I still have grand plans. But then you put your mom into a nursing home, move houses twice, lose a father, have a mother-in-law spend a year in and out of hospitals and spend the first four months of your long awaited pregnancy attached day and night to a toilet and plans go out the window.

I'm still trying to learn how to put pen to paper (or fingers to the keyboard) while rolling with life's punches, because the hits keep coming and I doubt they'll ever stop. Hopefully, they'll just become less dramatic.

No comments: