Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Here, there, every 'were'...

There's just nothing like a great shifter story is there? Whether they are panthers, wolves or dare I say dragons, there is something primal about weres that draw a reader in. Of course the most common were is a wolf, purely due to legend I think.

One of my wips Wolf's Bane, is a wolf tale. I usually try to escape the 'norm' and do something different, but why mess with a good thing, right? My absolute favorite shifter novel is The Last Dragonlord by Joanne Bertin. If you haven't read it, you're missing out on a great were tale with magic and romance. I'd love to write a good weredragon story or maybe a werephoenix one. That would certainly be writing out of the box. Is there a market for them? I think so, but I bet they'd be in the fantasy aisle.

Happy reading,

Beth

No comments: