Thursday, June 11, 2009

Writing soundtrack

"You look like an angel, walk like an angel, talk like an angel...then I got wise. You're the devil in disguise."

Nope, not a line from a paranormal novel, just lyrics from The King--Elvis.

Recently, I've found myself listening to Elvis while writing love scenes. However, I think in the future I'm going to need something a little stronger. Music seems to help me over the initial uncomfortableness of those sort of scenes and adds a bit of fun as well.

Sometimes, while writing, I do need music. At those times, I listen to soundtracks from Broadway musicals and lots of Disney music, jazz, pop, whatever and where the mood takes me.

Other times, I need quiet when writing.

Whatever you listen to, it's interesting to see if that music influences writing.

No comments: