Thursday, June 18, 2009

Vague mumblings

Well, it's finally happened. A blog topic that I have no clue about. :-) I have no knowledge about grave art, and can't say I've ever spend more time in a graveyard than it took to walk from one end to the other.

But I can say that to me, I always wonder what the story behind each one of those stones represents. What did life mean for those people who've gone before? Did they love? What did they do for a living? What was their life like? Were they happy? Did they own a cat?

And then I catch myself making up a life history for some of the names that catch my eye. I guess that's what happens when one is a writer. No rest for the imagination.

So I guess if at the end of life we all return to dust, put something catchy on the stone to help another passing-by writer out :-)

No comments: