Tuesday, April 21, 2009

For a living? Or to live?...

A lot of people ask me "What do you do for a living?" Now, I usually take this question as "What do you do to pay bills and keep your kids from dying of starvation?" Answer? I work in an office, at a computer, doing computer and filing stuff. Essentially, I am a secretary. I like it because I am able to do some form of writing there and I didn't have to go to college to get there. (Nothing against college. Everyone should try to do that, but it wasn't for me.) That's not who I am at the heart of it.

Now if they had asked "What do you do to live?" I'd have given a different answer. I write. When I sick and dead on my feet, I write. When I'm depressed or stressed, I write. When the words won't come, I read for others. I'm blessed, so I give back by judging for others. I appreciate others hard work by reviewing. I have too. These things are as much a part of me as my green eyes or Scot-Irish heritage. Those who love me, know and understand this.

Do what you do for a living, but don't let living take your life. Laughter is a great medicine, but sadness withers the soul. Make your soul happy.

A last note to share- My daughter made jv cheerleader. She's been trying for three years. Perserverance pays!

Smiles!
Beth

2 comments:

Nichole R. Bennett said...

Yeah, Beth's daughter! Give her a big hug from me!

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Nichole! Anna's bouncing off the walls. *with pompoms* lol!