Monday, January 26, 2009

No "weres" here, sorry!

I have no werewolves in my story.  No werecats or weredogs or even werefish.  I'm completely were-less.

There are no vampires, either.

I also have no romance in my story, which makes me an oddity in the paranormal world, I think.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for romance.  I wish I had more of it in my own life.  I'd love to have some of the "wine me and dine me, sweep me off my feet, and give me flowers and chocolates for absolutely no reason" type of romance.  But, alas, I don't.

I've been married for more than a decade and romance has gone from a box of chocolate at a speciality store to a candy bar picked up at the checkout aisle because hubby forgot the grocery list at home and wanted cover his bases.  

It's that way for Cerri (my heroine), as well.  She and Matt have been married for a bit and have three kids under age 10.  Chocolate and flowers and hot, steamy sex just don't fit in their lives right now.  

So where is the market for paranormal stories with no sex, a married couple who sometimes are too tired for a kiss, no warewolves, and no vampires?  Is there such a market?  One for a reluctant witch who sees and hears spirits?  Who grew up in a tradition of spells and charms and tarot cards?  Who has found her one-true-love and wouldn't even consider cheating on him?

I have faith that market exists.  Don't you?

Blessings!
Nichole

No comments: