Monday, April 26, 2010

Who's coming to dinner?

Years ago, in what seems like another life, I had to write my fair share of "get to the new boss" articles. And, let's be honest, I had to make the boss sound good, no matter how boring his or her personality might really be.

To make the boss seem more human, I always tried to ask one question that was completely off the wall and not related to the job in the slightest. I thought I would use my favorite question to spark some conversation.

Ready? Here goes: If you could invite any three people to dinner, living or dead, who would they be and why?

For me, my dinner list would be as follows (in no particular order):

Rosa Parks: By refusing to give up her seat on the bus, this woman started a chain of events that made the United States a better place.

Annie Sullivan: As Helen Keller's teacher, Annie was the one to unlock the world for the deaf and blind girl -- a task that most people thought impossible. Annie then stayed with Helen for the rest of their lives, becoming not only a teacher, but a friend.

Jane Addams: What a woman! Jane was among the first women to graduate college. After that, she fought for women's right to vote. And she worked hard to improve the quality of life among the poor in Chicago.

This would be a serious "Girl Power" dinner, wouldn't it? But what a way to thank these women who are my heros; who have fought the fight to allow me to be who I am.

So, who would be at your dinner party?

Blessings!
Nichole

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good question...

Jane Austin
William Shakespeare
King Tutankhamen

Now that would make for an interesting dinner conservation.