Friday, February 19, 2010

Snow

Right now I can't think of anything more I love to hate more than this blasted snow. Why? Because we're buried under close to four feet of the damned stuff and it keeps on falling. Thanks to the snowpocalyspe, as it has been dubbed, we've had the kids home for the last two weeks plus days of no power coupled with a decline in home heating oil. You'd think with all of this lovely insulation blanketing the earth, enveloping the house and covering the roof, some of the blasted heat would stay in the house... but no, instead it seems colder than ever. I hate snow. It makes me even grumpier because over the past two weeks my husband has been snowed in at our barn three separate times leaving me at home with Angsty Teen Son. Its like being locked in with gen-pop one hair from riot in the middle of summer with the AC on the fritz, only I think I'd handle heat better than cold. At least with it being hot I could kick my opponent out the door and make him stay there. I left cabin fever behind two weeks ago, I have cabin mania. If the hated white menace doesn't start melting soon I am going to get desperate enough to channel Pinky and the Brain and start crafting bizarre methods of snow removal ala flame throwers.

Aren't we supposed to be experiencing global warming? Maybe that's the ticket! I need to align the hole in the ozone layer over my house... now to put the plan in motion...

2 comments:

Nichole R. Bennett said...

I feel for you! We don't have it that bad out here, so I can only imagine. Eeewwwwwww

Melissa said...

Thanks :) honestly, I am totally sick of snow. I did a post over at my live journal about how we nearly lost two of our horses due to the storms it has gotten so bad this year. Right now the state has offered to excuse the days the kids have missed because of the state of emergency but the teachers (via the district meetings) have refused the deal. All I can wonder is what the hell are they thinking?! Now the kids will have to go to class on Saturdays and extend the days to 5 p.m. in order to make up the missed time and still it is no guarantee to make up all the missed time if the forecasts are to be believed.