Monday, February 22, 2010

Once again I'm sitting at my computer, drinking my coffee, wondering what I'm going to blog about here. I realize the topic of the week is "Love your pet," but I don't have any animals in my first novel. (Though it looks like the Baker Clan will be getting a puppy in book two.)

It's not that I don't love animals. I have three dogs and four cats. That's an amazing feat considering the size of my home.

Since I don't use animals often in my writing (actually, I can't think of a time when I did... Oh, I wrote a short story from the point of view of a cat once), I think I'll deviate from the weekly topic. Again.

My writing has been slow for the past few months. My first novel should be released soon, but the wait is keeping me from writing the sequel. I don't know why. It's possible that the reason lies in the undisputed fact that patience has never been my strong point. Or maybe it's because I allow life to get in my way. Or maybe I just don't have the discipline it takes to plant my butt in the chair the way I should.

So I'm soliciting advice. I know the "rules" about making sure I write each day. I know that writing takes hard work and dedication. I also know I second-guess myself and wonder if my story is actually any good. I think that probably prevents me from writing, at least a little bit.

And now I'm asking for your suggestions. What's worked for you to accomplish your goals? How do you get over the self-doubt?

I'm interested in your answers!

Blessings!
Nichole

No comments: