Monday, December 14, 2009

The perfect gift

It's early in the morning. Okay, maybe not that early, but I am in the Mountain Time Zone and it's not yet 9 a.m. here. I've spent the last half-hour or so wondering what I should blog about this morning.

I considered a brief reminder that my first novel, Ghost Mountain, would be available in just over three weeks, but decided that might be a little pushy of me. (Didn't stop me from mentioning it, though, you'll notice!)

I thought I might whine a little about the bitterly cold temperatures in the Black Hills, but that seemed depressing.

That's when I glanced around the living room (on my way to get more coffee!) and noticed the tree. There are quite a few gifts under our Christmas Tree. Some will stay at our home. Some need to be shipped to family out of state. Some will go to my daughter's friends (yes, she wrapped her gifts to them and put them under the tree until ... who knows!)

So I started thinking about gifts.

How do you find the perfect gift? Well, I guess that depends on the perfect person, doesn't it?

For the readers in your life, it would have to be a book. (Might I suggest Ghost Mountain? It was worth a try....) Or at least a gift card to a book store.

For the writers, how about a giant white board to plot stories or some lovely pens and notebooks?

But not all gifts are tangible. During this time of year, take a few minutes to tell the important people in your life how much you care about them. Let them know how special they are to you. And don't forget yourself. Relish the gifts the Universe has bestowed upon you. Your family, your health, your talents. These are the gifts we should all cherish year round.

Blessings to you and yours!
Nichole


No comments: