Saturday, December 5, 2009

Mixin' genres- (Sorry about this. Blogger didn't auto post it)

Most of you know I write paranormal romance, which is a mix of genres, but I like to add romantic suspense to the mix.  Then you have your light and dark paranormals with.  When it comes down to it, I guess my books are "mutts", but that's okay with me. 

Melissa mentioned growing up with pure breds, well I don't believe we every had a pure bred anything (unless you count the parakeets).  Growing up my mom let me drag home every stray dog and cat that came my way.  Most were in need of medical care or starving, so we fed them, loved them and found them homes or kept them until they died or ran off.  I still remember the first dog we had "Nasty".  Mom found him in a mud puddle when he was only a few weeks old.  It was very cold and she always guessed the mother had died or left him behind.  She fed him with a baby doll bottle until he could eat regular food.  As he grew, he began to look like a cross between a wolf and a golden retriever.  Of course we don't know what kind of dog he was, but he was loyal and fierce.  Keeping my one year old self constant company ( and out of trouble. I was a little demon spawn at that age *wink*)  Mutts are great.  I think that extends to books too.  So you want to mix 'em up?  Go for it.  What ever the result, its bound to be interesting.

On another note, I'll be guest blogging about Christmastime at "Dishin' it Out" Sunday with Ginger http://mizging.blogspot.com/ .   I'm also celebrating the December 7th release of Earth Enchanted with a contest.  For more info go to http://brynnacurrybriannaroarkebooks.webs.com/ and check out the "contests" tab. 

Be blessed,

Beth

No comments: