Monday, February 28, 2011

Magical Food

Did you know that food can be magical?

I don't mean just that it helps your body. I don't mean the process of converting food to energy, either.

Food can hold magical properties.

Consider the whole idea of "comfort food." There are just some foods that make you feel better, aren't there? For me, it's chocolate. Thankfully, I have a husband who knows and appreciates that fact.

I wanted to share a recipe for some magical food that I mention in my book Ghost Mountain. Cerri Baker makes a Gypsy Casserole as comfort food. This casserole is said to help with clearing a person's thoughts—something Cerri really needs!

I found this in A Kitchen Witch's Cookbook and wanted to share it with you.

Gypsy Casserole
1 18oz can hearty beef or chicken soup
1 cup cooked noodles
1 cup cooked peas
1 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup sour cream
1/4 teaspoon dried dill week

Combine all ingredients in a microwave-safe casserole dish. Microwave on high for 8 minutes, stopping twice to stir. (Or heat for 20 minutes at 350 degrees F in a conventional oven.) Garnish with cheese for change, parsley for protection and health, or tomatoes for love.
That's Cerri's comfort food. Although she is a huge fan of chocolate, too. What's your comfort food?

Blessings!
Nichole

No comments: